Prep Time: 10 min.
Freeze Time: 4 hours
Cooking Time: None
Yield: 12 servings, 1 truffle (98 calories each)
- 5 oz dark chocolate, 70% cocoa or higher, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup lite coconut milk
- ½ tsp. pure mint extract (or pure vanilla extract)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa
1. Place chocolate, coconut oil, and mint extract in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
2. Bring coconut milk to a gentle boil in small saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add coconut milk to chocolate mixture; whisk gently until combined.
4. Place chocolate mixture, covered, in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out 1 Tbsp. of chocolate mixture. Roll into a ball. Roll in cocoa powder until evenly coated. Repeat steps five and six until there are twelve truffles.
6. Store in refrigerator for up to one week or in freezer for three months.
Recipe from http://www.teambeachbody.com/teambeachbodyblog/nutrition/mint-chocolate-truffles?ICID=CT_BLOG_MINT_TRUFFLES?referringrepID=233979